WALK THE TALK FOR A WORTHY CAUSE
As South Africans we would like to think of ourselves as sporty, but trends suggest we are among the world’s most obese people. According to research conducted in 2010 by drug and healthcare company GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), 61% of us are overweight, obese or morbidly obese.
Over 50 000 walkers converged at Marks Park, Emmarentia on 22 July 2012, to participate in the Discovery 702 Walk the Talk. Among them were well- known personalities such as Baby Jake, reigning Miss South Africa Remona Moodley and Lucas Radebe to name a few.
Clientèle entered the walk as a company for the first time this year, raising R22 770 in the process. The funds raised were donated to the Laureus Sport for Good Foundation, an international organisation dedicated to using the power of sport to produce social change.
The supporters were also entertained by the stunning trio of Lady Licious who mesmerised everyone with live entertainment. Also rocking the stage were bands like Graeme Watkins Project and Clint & Co. Plenty of food was on sale for those who like to exercise as much as they like to eat. 702 Talk Radio DJs’ Alex Gaige and Mc Gayver broadcasted the day’s excitement.
Being part of an event of such size and scale was not without challenges but the support from the staff was amazing. The Clientèle team organisers learnt much from the experience and have set in plans for even bigger success for the next event.
- 5 REASONS TO KEEP IT MOVING!
- HOW TO PREPARE FOR A FUNERAL
- Clientèle reveals COVID-19 actions to safeguard its employees
- Message from Clientèle Group Managing Director Basil Reekie
- Giving your loved one a dignified send-off during the lockdown.
- Clientèle COVID-19 Benefit Press Release
- Clientèle stands out amongst the best in Ombud Report
- Clientèle Proudly Launches the Estate Preservation Plan
- Clientèle acquires consumer champion Switch2
- Clientèle Legal
- Clientèle Legal
- Clientèle takes home top honours at the CCMG Awards